Management and support options
BitCloud provides IT resources in a number of methods. In most cases, customers expect us to manage and take responsibility for all aspects of their service, but in some cases, customers wish to mange their services themselves, possibly to reduce costs, or if they have custom solutions managed by in-house specialists or in some cases for privacy and regulatory reasons.
For this reason, we provide most of our services with the option of self managed or fully managed and in some cases part managed. Customers need to be realistic about their ability to manage the service procured from BitCloud and select the appropriate management level.
BitCloud's responsibilities with unmanaged servers are:
- required OS is installed and licensed
- ensuring the server is pingable and responds on ssh/rdp
BitCloud's responsibilities with services such as Hosted Exchange and Hosted Sharepoint with no-support selected are limited to:
- ensuring the service is active and accessible via internet
- ensuring service is working as per service description
The following are some examples of issues NOT covered unless an appropriate support option is selected:
- helping customers configure their client software in order to utilise the service
- adding/removing/re-setting users and passwords
- testing customer configurations
- answering how-to questions
- restoring from backups