BitCloud has added a new member to our storage family. Designed to provide almost infinite scalability, high speed read and write access as well as being competitively priced, BitCloud's Cloud Storage is now available.
BitCloud’s Cloud Storage is a game changer with a low price point, offering Terabytes (TB) and even Petabytes (PB) of storage in a flexible, reliable, and cost-effective manner. It’s a revolutionary new way of storing data, using recognised standards and protocols to allow easy adoption and seamless integration with existing systems.
Traditionally, storage has been about a combination of Solid State, SAS and Sata disk drives, all elements of our Compute Layer Storage. BitCloud’s Compute Layer Storage is
- Designed for medium to high I/O requirements;
- Directly mounted to each VM;
- Formatted as required by the VM;
- Used to store any type of data required, including the VM & operating system.
BitCloud Cloud Storage is a game changer with a low price point, offering terabytes (TB) and Petabytes (PB) of storage in a flexible, reliable, and cost-effective manner.
BitCloud's Cloud Storage is:
- Seriously flexible – automatically scales from 1Terabyte to multiple Petabytes with no provisioning delays or requirements for pre-commitments;
- Locally Hosted – 100% Australian, onshore hosting always;
- Robust – infrastructure designed with failure protection at multiple levels;
- API Driven – you can write your own interface or use ours (APIs compatible with OpenStack Swift and Amazon S3);
- Pay per Use – only pay for actual used space (minimum 1TB), calculated hourly.
Use BitCloud's Cloud Storage for:
- Data Archiving or Backups to the cloud;
- Storage of application data;
- Changing storage requirements – pay for only what you’re using, calculated hourly;
- Multiple business needs.
Interaction & Integration
BitCloud supports multiple methods of access to the Cloud Storage platform, ensuring that irrespective of your systems, you can integrate easily with BitCloud’s Cloud Storage.
Data can be stored and retrieved using a set of API calls, eg PUT & GET. The default API is fully compatible with the latest stable release of OpenStack Swift.
Data can also be stored and retrieved using an API that is compatible with the Amazon S3 API.
BitCloud also provides an FTP service which supports "out-of-the-box" integration with servers, no code-cutting required.
BitCloud also provides a http/browser based file manager for easy point-and-click interaction with your storage account.
A WebDAV service is also offered, currently in beta testing stage. This will allow customers to attach their Cloud Storage account to a MS Windows PC as a network drive.
We can ingest data into your cloud storage account from physical devices shipped to our office. The costs are $125 per device up to 500GB and $375 per device up to 4TB.
Price per GB(per month)
Price per Transactions(eg. Get, put, post, copy)
|1TB to 100TB||5c||5c per 1000||5c per GB||Free|
|100TB to 1PB||4c||5c per 1000||5c per GB||Free|
|1PB to 5PB||3c||5c per 1000||5c per GB||Free|
|Beyond 5PB||2.5c||5c per 1000||5c per GB||Free|
prices exclude GST